- “There are only two kinds of programming languages: those people always bitch about and those nobody uses.” — Bjarne Stroustrup
- “PHP is a minor evil perpetrated and created by incompetent amateurs, whereas Perl is a great and insidious evil perpetrated by skilled but perverted professionals.” — Jon Ribbens
- “Should array indices start at 0 or 1? My compromise of 0.5 was rejected without, I thought, proper consideration.” — Stan Kelly-Bootle
- A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.
- “If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.” [Robert Sewell]
- “Saying that Java is nice because it works on all OSes is like saying that anal sex is nice because it works on all genders.” [Alanna]
(Earlier quotes I've liked and used as forum signatures)